Treepodia make life such a breeze for online merchants. Converting an entire product catalog into a powerful showcase of compelling product videos has proven to convert visitors by anywhere from 25%-85% depending on industry, mode of integration, and features of the video. These figures don’t account for the increased SEO, branding and engagement benefits, each of which have individually been proven to be powerful enough to justify the investment required.
On the verge of 2014, with virtually all major retail sites already heavily investing in video, no one really doubts product videos’ critical role in online marketing anymore. However we here at Treepodia have always had a soft spot for like statistics, so just before the year comes to a close here is a rundown of numbers demonstrating just how powerful product videos really are.
Product videos – By the Numbers:
- 93% of marketers used video for online marketing, sales or communications purposes during 2013. (Source Emarketer).
- You only have 10 seconds to grab a viewer’s attention
- 80% of people never watch past the first 10 seconds of a video and 44.1% abandon the video after 60 seconds (Source NY Time/Visible Measures). People’s attention span in regards for video are clearly declining. We saw similar data a couple of years ago that listed a far less drastic cutoff for views. This basically means it’s becoming increasingly crucial to pack the first seconds of your video with your critical messaging.
- Of the Top 50 internet retailers 96% use video on their websites.
- YouTube videos have influenced a purchase at least once for 53 percent of consumers. (Source Reelseo)
Of course, everyone knows that video content will play a huge role in the future of marketing, but we just wanted to put the facts into perspective for you. Treepodia have successfully worked with hundreds of clients to develop their video strategies, if you’d like to find out more information about our platform, please get in touch here.